SAFETY TIPS AND INFORMATION
It is very important to understand that Cuenca is a safe city, even safer than Quito and Guayaquil. Tourists can walk without worrying; the people love foreigners and try to get a friend from other country.
As the best recommendations for your safety, please follow the next:
1. Do not walk alone downtown, specially around the boundaries of this area, after 20h00.
2. Always walk with a group of 2 minimum.
3. It is wise to just a color copy of your passport and do not carry your credit cards everywhere (you can remember all the numbers of your card, so you do not need to carry it)
4. Always carry a hotel card or a friend's phone number, for emergency contact or support.
5. Finally, buy a non expensive mobile card for public phones (2 USD), sometimes it could save your life.
If something happens to you or your friends please call the following numbers to get medical or police assistance:
Address: A. Vallejo and Espejo Streets w/n
Phone: 593-7-2831401 / 28613101
Phone: 101 / 911
Robbery and Kidnapping Center